Homeshare International supports a network of professionals worldwide who run homeshare programmes. Our aims are to encourage learning and good practice, foster new programmes and to understand the impact of homesharing. We also raise public awareness of what homesharing can offer as a solution to many of society’s needs.
We aim to:
- provide a link between all homeshare programmes around the world, enabling the agencies involved to share learning and information
- raise awareness of homesharing and its potential among professionals and policy makers in housing, social services and other relevant fields
- stimulate the setting up of new homeshare programmes
- support and encourage good practice in running programmes
- encourage research on the contribution that homesharing can make to the social needs it seeks to address.
Homeshare International is an educational charity, founded in London, UK, in 1999 and re-established as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation in 2016.
Trustees are drawn from many different countries and are actively engaged in homeshare programmes and networks. Read more about our governance and who’s who.
Read about our progress in Homeshare International Review 2004-2013
Find out more about homesharing.
The people shown in these photos were matched by ensemble2générations in France.
Follow us on Facebook
How to donate
Homeshare International is a charity and is entirely dependent on donations to continue its work. Please use the “Donate” button below to make a secure donation.
UK taxpayers can increase the value of their gift by 20% under the Gift Aid scheme – click here to download a form to print, complete and return