Homeshare is a simple but brilliant idea – it is the exchange of housing for help in the home.
Find out more about Homeshare around the world from our new look website.
Welcome to our website. It’s here to tell you all about homesharing around the world as well as the work of Homeshare International.
Homesharing is a simple idea. A householder offers accommodation to a homesharer in exchange for an agreed level of support. The support needed may be help with the household tasks, or it may be financial support, or a combination of both. Homeshare is essentially an exchange that recognises that two people have needs and something to offer.
This site will be of interest to:
- agencies already running homeshare programmes
- people who want to set up a programme
- people who are looking for free or low-cost accommodation
- people willing to share their homes in exchange for help
- people interested in inter-generational programmes
- those interested in new ways of keeping older people independent
- policy makers and academics who wish to keep abreast of innovative programmes
Click on the menu at the top and find out what homeshare can offer you.
Elizabeth Mills OBE
11 Divinity Road, Oxford, OX4 1LH
Telephone: 01865-497095 (messages only)
Pour les photos publiées sur le site merci d’ajouter courtesy Le Parisolidaire IDF Copyright Jérome Chatin. We are grateful to Le Parisolidaire for the use of the photographs on the website, © Jerome Chatin