16th -20th March 2020
Homeshare SHOUT is a social media campaign to raise awareness of homesharing and its benefits all over the world. The campaign has been devised by Homeshare International for members of the Network – but we encourage anyone to take part.
The more voices, the more we get heard!
This page provides lots of tips and all the tools you need to get started on a local Homeshare SHOUT campaign.
The aim of Homeshare Shout is to:
- Raise the profile and awareness of Homeshare locally and globally
- Bring together our networks and friends
- Get the attention of key influencers and stakeholders
How can YOU get involved?
Here are a few ideas of things you can do in advance and during Homeshare SHOUT week to help us spread the word:
- Share the dates with your networks in advance. See email copy/post below
- Follow us! @HomeshareIntl and https://www.facebook.com/HomeshareIntl/
- Use hashtag #HomeshareSHOUT
- Follow other Homeshare programmes and key influencers locally and around the world.
- Prepare content and schedule some posts in advance to save you time during the week itself. Look at what similar organisations are posting for inspiration. You can use free software such as hootsuite to do this and manage multiple social media channels at once.
- Use our biggest asset – our Homesharers! If you are homesharing, share your story with friends and family networks. It can be really informal – a selfie and caption is enough. Spread the word and connect with other homesharers.
- During Homeshare SHOUT week, keep an eye on social media and like, retweet, share content and thank those that are sharing. Posts stay ‘live’ for longer the more engagement they have so keep it going with likes and comments.
- Do a live feed or video and post it. It can just be a selfie of your team in the office or a short video of what you are doing. Videos and images get much more response than text alone and people will love to see the real faces of Homeshare!
This downloadable document has lots of tips, suggested tweets, email copy to let people know about homeshare SHOUT week and some example social media posts
Logos – Download the logos for your country here
Follow us on Facebook
How to donate
Homeshare International is a charity and is entirely dependent on donations to continue its work. Please use the “Donate” button below to make a secure donation.
UK taxpayers can increase the value of their gift by 20% under the Gift Aid scheme – click here to download a form to print, complete and return