13th – 17th March 2023
Homeshare SHOUT is a social media campaign to raise awareness of homesharing and its benefits all over the world. The campaign has been devised by Homeshare International for members of the Network – but we encourage anyone to take part.
The more voices, the more we get heard!
This page provides lots of tips and all the tools you need to get started on a local Homeshare SHOUT campaign.
The aim of Homeshare Shout is to:
- Raise the profile and awareness of Homeshare locally and globally
- Bring together our networks and friends
- Get the attention of key influencers and stakeholders
Can we get involved?
YES! Anyone around the world can get involved. The more people that share news, the more we get heard! You can be a Homeshare programme, Homeshare Network, a homesharer, a householder, or someone who just loves the idea of Homeshare!
What can I do?
Here are a few ideas of things you can do in advance and during Homeshare SHOUT week to help us spread the word:
- Share the dates with your networks in advance. See email copy/post below
- Follow us! @HomeshareIntl and https://www.facebook.com/HomeshareIntl/
- Use hashtag #HomeshareSHOUT
- Follow other Homeshare programmes and key influencers locally and around the world.
- Prepare content and schedule some posts in advance to save you time during the week itself. Look at what similar organisations are posting for inspiration. You can use free software such as hootsuite to do this and manage multiple social media channels at once.
- Use your biggest asset – your Homesharers! If you are homesharing, share your story with friends and family networks. It can be really informal – a selfie and caption is enough. Spread the word and connect with other homesharers.
- During Homeshare SHOUT week, keep an eye on social media and like, retweet, share content and thank those that are sharing. Posts stay ‘live’ for longer the more engagement they have so keep it going with likes and comments.
- Do a live feed or video and post it. It can just be a selfie of your team in the office or a short video of what you are doing. Videos and images get much more response than text alone and people will love to see the real faces of Homeshare!
Suggestions for tweet/post
Include an image (Hootsuite has a library of stock images or pick something personal to your organisation.)
|Homeshare SHOUT week is 13-19 March. Put the dates in your diary, follow us and help us SHOUT about Homesharing around the world! #homeshareSHOUT @HomeshareIntl
Sample Posts from previous Homeshare Shout weeks
These were made in Canva which is free software to create social media specific posts using images and text.
– use this in advance to alert your contacts to Homeshare SHOUT week
Subject: Homeshare SHOUT Week 13-17 March 2023
Here are a few things you could do to support the campaign…
Logos – Download the logos you want to use:
About Homeshare International
Homeshare International brings together a worldwide network of Homeshare professionals. There are programmes in many countries from Austria to Australia, Canada to Korea, United Kingdom to United States. These programmes are run by committed professionals – both volunteers and salaried staff – and typically match older householders with young homesharers.
Homesharing builds relationships, often between two generations, recognising that people who take part have both needs and something to give.
How to donate
Homeshare International is a charity and is dependent on donations to continue its work. Please use the “Donate” button below to make a secure donation.
UK taxpayers can increase the value of their gift by 25% under the Gift Aid scheme – click here to download a form to complete and return.